MY ETSY SHOP

Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Siamese Cats are CRAZY, I TELL YOU !!!

So, it's 100 degrees here, how 'bout you ??

The last 3 summers it has not been consistantly this hot , but I have air conditioned the Cattery anyway. With a small window unit. For those who don't know what a cathouse is, it's a 10 by 20 foot insulated metal building, with wood floors, windows, and a 12 foot screened porch coming off one end. The cattery is in the sun all day, the cat porch is in the shade. We currently have 6 female cats in need of adoption living in the cattery.
Anyhoo, every year I'd run that air conditioner, even tho my power bill would shoot over $300. But they never would be inside. They'd be outside, on the cat porch, afraid a squirrel would run by to close and they wouldn't get to watch the maniacal Chihuahuas chase it.
So, I took the little air conditioner for my stock room. I do work up quite a sweat in there ironing and starching those full skirted 50's dresses, ya know.
Today, after an Arby's run, I felt the need to refill the water trough out there, and pet a few kitties in the shade of the porch.
BUT NAY ! EVERY ONE of them came running out of the cattery thru their little swinging door...and I kid you not, it has to be every bit of 120 degrees in there.
It's proven: Siamese cats are so stubborn they will try to bend Mother Nature to their collective wills .
I came inside, where it's nice and cool, and on my couch, all balled up in a faux fur throw, were the Housecats, like I had the house cooled to Iceburg levels. NOT !!! It's 75 in here.
I don't know what's up. This past winter, we had a few cold nights where it went down to below freezing, and I'd stumble out to the cattery to check the heat, and , yes, you guessed it, they'd be on the cat porch.....right out in the cold. With the inside all nice and toasty, with little padded cat beds.
I give up. Help me. Does anyone want to adopt a very stubborn Siamese female With Issues? I have 4 .....I drop one in the mail to you, Priority.

In the meantime, check out my top 4 new items that had to be hidden from prying Siamese eyes :

GIGANTIC lucite egg necklace pendant vintage (they had thought of making this a neat Cat Toy)
http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=6287765

DISCO WINE vintage dress S M : (neato, that smooth poly would be SWEET on the claws)
http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=6284549

vintage groovy halter top MOD 60s cotton XS S M hippie (small enough for 10 cats to try and lie on it at once)
http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=5889312

COSPLAY vintage costume dress satin sequins (Ahhh...noo, no vet trips today for undigested sequins)
http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=6261402

THIS is why my stock room has a big huge brass lock on the top top of the door!

No comments: